Property division in case of Divorce

my father bought the house with help of maternal and paternal grandfather's financial help in the name of my mother, my mother has been a house wife since 28 years, so now my mother and father are getting divorced, so the house will be divided?? or she gets everything? we have proof of cruelty by my mother on my father. she even filed false fir against my father, with domestic violence case and dowry case, she is having affair, my maternal family including my maternal grnadmother, uncles, aunts, are all on my fathers side, we are being threatened by her, she doesnt let my father enter the house, what shall we do? we even filed an fir against her in police stn for cruelty

Answers (3)

84 votes

I assume that your Father must have also put some amount of his own hard earned money to purchase the said house. As per law your Father can always claim his share in said property. As per law of maintenance if your father is not capable of maintaining himself and if your mother is in a better position then your father can claim for maintenance or a share in the said property to give away maintenance or both. For further detailed advice and line of action kindly forward me some more facts and case papers. kindly book a consultancy call.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

148 votes

if the flat stands in the name of your mother then she is legally entitled for the same however your father can claim his right on the said flat as well . yes your father can file FIR against your mother and her love affair as she is committing adultery.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
75 votes

This is the case were women misuse the law on their own wish. Here you have to file a counter complaint against your mom abt cruelty and mental harassment. You to counter fight against yours and your dads right. For more please call me on my number

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles