quesNeed immediate maintenance from husband for kids education, upbringing

I am staying away from my husband with my father since 7-8 months as my husband is in a joint family and there are a lot of problems.

Husband does not get his separate home as my father in law does not allow. Now my kids are growing up and I need to bear their expenses for education etc.

My husband says I should ask my father for the money as I am not staying with him.

I want to know if I can file for maintenance without divorce and if I can get interim maintenance immediately as the case will go on in the court for long

  • Planning to Divorce? Marriage Counselling can help

    Consult Now
    • ans

      Regarding your query,

      Yes you can file a maintenance case against your husband without having a divorce.

      Maintenance case can be filed under section 125 of Cr.P.C. 

      If you are to able find a good lawyer then there are chances that you would get the maintenance amount from the first hearing of the case itself.

      The case might be pending for years but there are chances of getting maintenance amount form the beginning as the court also favors for the betterment of the children.

      We would also suggest that you should visit a marriage counselor as your problem doesn't seem disastrous. A bit of compromise between you and your husband would only be better for the children. 

    • File For Mutual Divorce With Expert Lawyers
      Know More

      Click here to see all Divorce Legal Services
    • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
    • Related Articles

    Consult best Divorce lawyers in India

    Similar questions

    Sir ,Mere cousin ki shadi 27 nov 2013 me hui thi but wo ye shadi…
    the circumstances was forced by my wife that we both had appealed a mutual divorce…
    spouse is positive patient of hepatitis B is 100% divorce possible

    if a family is filed with the sections 498a, 406, 506, 323, 34, what is…

    Divorce Lawyers in India

    Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

      Supreme Court of India
     Experience: 16 years

    Advocate Nagesh B L

     Experience: 23 years

    Advocate Prashant Mendiratta

      Lajpat Nagar 4
     Experience: 24 years

    Advocate Vara Prasada Rao Tangrda

     Experience: 17 years

    View all >>