my wife is characterless.. do i need to pay her as I don't earn

I married in may 2013 due to she got pregenet when she was my GF.police were involved to conduct the marriage. We never lived together after marriage as we were completing our study. On sept 2014 i come to know that she is having affair in clg and the boy said that he will marry her if she stops talking with me. She stoped talking with me since sept. Now i want to know what should i do next to get divorce from her. Is there any kind of money that i need to pay her? As i told u m student n i am not earning any thing yet, do i need to pay her from my fathers property??

Answers (1)

171 votes

Whether she is ready to give divorce? If yes then there is no problem. If she is not ready to give divorce then she must be expecting some amount from you. Try to talk her about divorce and maintenance but  dont give commitments. Try to get what are her expectations. Then the picture will be clear. The question is whether she can claim money from you or not. If she is not earning then she is entitled to claim and you will have to pay. 

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate H Gouri Shankar
Dilsukhnagar, Hyderabad
24 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles