×

quesmy wife is characterless.. do i need to pay her as I don't earn

I married in may 2013 due to she got pregenet when she was my GF.police were involved to conduct the marriage. We never lived together after marriage as we were completing our study. On sept 2014 i come to know that she is having affair in clg and the boy said that he will marry her if she stops talking with me. She stoped talking with me since sept. Now i want to know what should i do next to get divorce from her. Is there any kind of money that i need to pay her? As i told u m student n i am not earning any thing yet, do i need to pay her from my fathers property??

Whether she is ready to give divorce? If yes then there is no problem. If she is not ready to give divorce then she must be expecting some amount from you. Try to talk her about divorce and maintenance but  dont give commitments. Try to get what are her expectations. Then the picture will be clear. The question is whether she can claim money from you or not. If she is not earning then she is entitled to claim and you will have to pay. 

• ansSir,
      You can initiate action against her by filing divorce petition on ground of cruelty n desertion n adultery. Which you have to prove. As far paying money is concern both parties income source will be considered at relevant time n if you prove that she is earning more than you in that case u r not required to pay but can claim.
      If both parties go for mutual divorce than terms can be amicably decided.
      Regards
      Pramod kale advocate

Advocate Pramod Kale

District Court, Shivajinagar, Pune

• answhether she is ready to give divorce. If yes then there is no problem. If she is not ready to give divorce then she must be expecting some amount from you. Try to talk her about divorce and maintenance but dont give commitments. try to get what are expectations. then the picture will be clear. question is whether she can claim money from you. if she is not earning then she is entitle to claim and you will have to pay.

Advocate Uday Jadhav

Bibvewadi, Pune

• File For Mutual Divorce With Expert Lawyers

Click here to see all Divorce Legal Services