My wife harasses me, my parents & my son. What action can i take?

My wife has had issues since a year with my parents & she picks up a fight with them on trival matters. She tries to intimidate me by saying she'll harm my child & herself if at all we separate. Her family supports her indirectly as they do not intervene. She frequently abuses us, from matters like who'll use the kitchen when & whenever my parents try to play with my child as we stay together. When speaking of divorce,she says that she wants me to sell my only property to give her 50% of the amount & would keep my child as well. She threatens my child if he tries to play with my parents.HELP

Answers (1)

114 votes

We suggest that you decide the matter amicable and  file a mutual consent divorce on the mutual terms. If she fails to give you a mutal consent  then  you can file a divorce petition under Section 13(1) of Hindu Marriage Act on the ground of cruelty.

However, if you do so than you be prepared  to pay maintenance to your wife. Since she has your child she is entitled for maintenance. 

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate H Gouri Shankar
Dilsukhnagar, Hyderabad
24 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles