My husband is violent & in laws not supporting me. What should i do?

Me and my husband were staying in Dubai. My husband came to India with our son and is not filing to return to dubai. We had our differences but stayed together for the sake of our child. My husband is also violent at times.

Now I can’t take it anymore and wish to get my child back. My in-laws are supporting my husband as well. What should I do now? My son is 4 years old.

Answer

You should file for custody of the child in the city wherein child is presently residing, since the child is only 4 years old custody would be given to mother.

In the alternative you can come to india and stay in your matrimonial home. if husband is physically abusive you can file domestic violence case against her husband seek maintenance for the child and yourself.

you can also seek alternative accommodation from her husband and compensation for mental torture undergone by her.

You can also file a case in under section 498A of the indian penal code for cruelty and harassment by in laws.