My husband is violent & in laws not supporting me. What should i do?

Me and my husband were staying in Dubai. My husband came to India with our son and is not filing to return to dubai. We had our differences but stayed together for the sake of our child. My husband is also violent at times.

Now I can’t take it anymore and wish to get my child back. My in-laws are supporting my husband as well. What should I do now? My son is 4 years old.


You should file for custody of the child in the city wherein child is presently residing, since the child is only 4 years old custody would be given to mother.

In the alternative you can come to india and stay in your matrimonial home. if husband is physically abusive you can file domestic violence case against her husband seek maintenance for the child and yourself.

you can also seek alternative accommodation from her husband and compensation for mental torture undergone by her.

You can also file a case in under section 498A of the indian penal code for cruelty and harassment by in laws.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Saifuddin Saifee
Maharani Road, Indore
18 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Articles

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Legal Services

Legal Notice / Reply to Legal Notice for Divorce

4.6 | 45 ratings
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help
60 Min Marriage / Relationship Counselling Session by Phone

No Ratings
60 Min telephonic counselling session with an expert relationship counsellor
15 Minutes Divorce Advice Session by Phone

4.8 | 371 ratings
Ask questions and get advice from a local experienced advocate on divorce and separation
Court Marriage

4.8 | 94 ratings
Work with a local experienced family advocate to guide you through your court marriage.
File for Mutual Divorce

4.8 | 241 ratings
Get hassle-free mutual divorce for both Indian and NRI couples through experienced lawyer in your city
Marriage Registration

4.8 | 170 ratings
Get your marriage registered through an experienced local advocate in the city of your residence
Similar questions

I have been married to him for 4 yrs, with 7 month old baby. He has been violent in the past. He said that he married me as I am a nurse and believed …

Read More

My sister's in-laws forged against her. They signed all documents on her behalf and at that time she was in a confused mood because her in la…

Read More

My wife left my home since one year. She has filled two cases in court against me 1 domestic violence 2 Nan Nafka in may this year. She is also a reti…

Read More

I already filled a divorce case. later on my wife filled a domestic violence case in different city. we are not together from last 3 months. Now what …

Read More

Talk to a lawyer for your legal issue