My husband is cheating on me and doesn't have interest in me at all

It has been 6 years that I have been married. I don't know if my husband has any interest in me or not. We do not have any kids.

He doesn't seem to have any interest in kids and doesn't even want to go to the doctor for a kid.

I also caught some emails from one of his college girl friends recently where conversations were quite romantic and when asked he refused all allegations and said he was just friends.

What should I do now?


Firstly we would like to know that do you wish to continue the marriage or you are looking for a divorce.

If you wish to continue the marriage we would suggest that you should visit a marriage counselor with your husband as your problem is not that complicated.

And if you are looking for divorce (assuming that you are Hindus)

You can file for divorce under the Hindu marriage act.

Under Section 13 (1) (1a) you can file a divorce if you are subjected to cruelty by your spouse. Here cruelty includes both mental or physical cruelty and it has been laid down in several judgments of the Supreme Court and other courts as well that refusal to have physical relationship with the spouse and refusal to have kids amounts to cruelty.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Saifuddin Saifee
Maharani Road, Indore
18 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Articles

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Legal Services

60 Min Marriage / Relationship Counselling Session by Phone

No Ratings
60 Min telephonic counselling session with an expert relationship counsellor
15 Minutes Divorce Advice Session by Phone

4.8 | 371 ratings
Ask questions and get advice from a local experienced advocate on divorce and separation
Court Marriage

4.8 | 94 ratings
Work with a local experienced family advocate to guide you through your court marriage.
Legal Notice / Reply to Legal Notice for Divorce

4.6 | 45 ratings
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help
File for Mutual Divorce

4.8 | 241 ratings
Get hassle-free mutual divorce for both Indian and NRI couples through experienced lawyer in your city
Marriage Registration

4.8 | 170 ratings
Get your marriage registered through an experienced local advocate in the city of your residence
Similar questions

We are married on December 2017 and now i want divorce from her because she had deep relationship with her boyfriend before married and I did not know…

Read More

Hi, I need advise on friends case whose life is ruined completely because of his wife. He is married for last 9 years and has two kids. His wife is ch…

Read More

I got married in 2008 and have a girl child of 8 year old, now I came to know that my wife is in relationship with another person, I have telephonic r…

Read More

During the marriage proposal we were told that he used to work but after marriage we got to know that he is not working for almost 2 years now. I have…

Read More

Talk to a lawyer for your legal issue