my father has married twice and 1st wife is creating problem?

my father married in 1994 and got a divorce through stamp paper. in 1996 he got married again to which he had 2 kids. now the case of maintenance is going on which we lost. now how can we proceed forward to this. is this a case of bigamy? we do not want to pay the maintenance?

Answers (1)

284 votes

Firstly of all the divorce through stamp paper has no value. unless you seek divorce decree from court the marriage is subsisting. So it was obvious that maintenance case was against him. Firstly father should file the case for divorce in court on ground of desertion or cruelty or any other ground as per law which you have to prove. So far bigamy case is concerned you have not specified against whom it would be . As first marriage is not dissolved as per decree of divorce so first wife can claim maintenance.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles