my father has married twice and 1st wife is creating problem?

my father married in 1994 and got a divorce through stamp paper. in 1996 he got married again to which he had 2 kids. now the case of maintenance is going on which we lost. now how can we proceed forward to this. is this a case of bigamy? we do not want to pay the maintenance?

Sir,
Firstly of all the divorce through stamp paper has no value. unless you seek divorce decree from court the marriage is subsisting. So it was obvious that maintenance case was against him. Firstly father should file the case for divorce in court on ground of desertion or cruelty or any other ground as per law which you have to prove. So far bigamy case is concerned you have not specified against whom it would be . As first marriage is not dissolved as per decree of divorce so first wife can claim maintenance.