my daughter is being harassed and not being given any money to live

My daughter is being harassed by her in laws. 1.5 years of marriage. Harassment since beginning as daughter has left her job after having baby. Baby is a few months old only. Physical abuse also. Verbal abuse also. Daughter has started staying on the top floor. No food etc given to her. Can we bring her back to our home? If yes, then what precautions to take and then what all cases can we file?


First of you should file a written police complaint at the nearest police station and seek help from the police to get your daughter home, in case you daughter's in-laws resist.

You should also file a complaint with the Women's Cell on the basis of which an FIR would be filed later.

We advice you consult an Advocate for the filing of the complaint.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
Advocate Jai Shiv Darshan Giri
Santoshi Nagar, Ring Road Chowk, Raipur
14 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Articles

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Legal Services

15 Minutes Divorce Advice Session by Phone

4.8 | 371 ratings
Ask questions and get advice from a local experienced advocate on divorce and separation
Court Marriage

4.8 | 94 ratings
Work with a local experienced family advocate to guide you through your court marriage.
Legal Notice / Reply to Legal Notice for Divorce

4.6 | 45 ratings
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help
60 Min Marriage / Relationship Counselling Session by Phone

No Ratings
60 Min telephonic counselling session with an expert relationship counsellor
File for Mutual Divorce

4.8 | 241 ratings
Get hassle-free mutual divorce for both Indian and NRI couples through experienced lawyer in your city
Marriage Registration

4.8 | 170 ratings
Get your marriage registered through an experienced local advocate in the city of your residence
Similar questions

What legal remedies to I have to get rid of this harassment in life? I’ve been married for 19 years now. I have always been very affectionate bu…

Read More

 I want to apply for Divorce , I did court Marriage on 24th Dec 2014, My Age is 32, I am Not At all happy with my husband as he is to much posses…

Read More

I have been harassed mentally and physically throughout during my marriage of 12 years. My Husband is alcoholic & has made my & my 10 year old…

Read More

Hi.. I want legal consultation over divorce matter.. I am Hindu by religion.. I have been going through a tough marriage which includes physical, emot…

Read More

Talk to a lawyer for your legal issue