my daughter is being harassed and not being given any money to live

My daughter is being harassed by her in laws. 1.5 years of marriage. Harassment since beginning as daughter has left her job after having baby. Baby is a few months old only. Physical abuse also. Verbal abuse also. Daughter has started staying on the top floor. No food etc given to her. Can we bring her back to our home? If yes, then what precautions to take and then what all cases can we file?

First of you should file a written police complaint at the nearest police station and seek help from the police to get your daughter home, in case you daughter's in-laws resist.

You should also file a complaint with the Women's Cell on the basis of which an FIR would be filed later.

We advice you consult an Advocate for the filing of the complaint.

Advocate Nikhil Singh
Singh & Associates, Hubli