My Australian husband has sent me divorce papers from Australia

I got married to an Australian national in dec 2013 in india. Im am currently staying in India and he is in Australia.

He has initiated divorce proceedings in Austrlia and has sent me the related documents asking me to appear in a months time. i can not fly down to Australia.

what can i do?

Your query is silent on :

1. Where was the marriage solemnized?

2. Did you reside together in Australia?

3. Are you Hindu

4. Was your marriage registered in India.

If the marriage was solemnized in India and you did not stay in Australia with your husband, then your divorce laws will be governed by Indian laws. Please provide the exact and complete facts, so that we can further provide you legal advise.