Mutual divorce filed son. How to delay the procedure?

My daughter and son-in-law filed a suit regarding mutual separation with some amount of alimony. Hearing date was fixed on 6th Sept.2014. But as the alimony amount was not cleared during the period final hearing dates were defered four times. My question is how long final hearing can be defered and what will be outcome of the case if son-in-law cleared the amount .

there is no time period mentioned to defer case because of default or uncertainity of amount by parties. Only resonable delay shall be entertained by courts and if delay is not genuine court will ask to asertain amount at earliest possible . If son in law cleared the amount he will be bind by that amount and divorce shall become final . divorce is not subject to finalizing of alimony amount.