quesMutual divorce alimony not settled. Want to remarry. What to do?

My Bother who is working in Pune was married in 1998 at Lucknow . His wife has left him in 2009 and living with her parents at Lucknow. He filed a petion in rule 9 to bring her and his only son back however, due to difficulty in reaching on every date case got dismissed by opponent. He wish to remarry now and want some settlement from previous marriage. In mutual consent ther demand for money is too high and they are not willing him to meet his son also, What is the recourse when lady is not willing to come back and also not taking interest to divorce.Can he file a case at Pune?

  • Planning to Divorce? Marriage Counselling can help

    Consult Now
    • ans

      Your brother will be required to file a divorce petition under Section13(1) of Hindu Marriage Act on the grounds of cruelty and  desertion . This process is longer and will take approximately 5 years if she contest the divorce.

      If she does not contest than, court can pass an exparte decree. Your brother can file this petition within the jurisdiction of Pune as he is currently residing within said jurisdiction.

      Further he can also file the case where both the parties last resided together.

    • File For Mutual Divorce With Expert Lawyers
      Know More

      Click here to see all Divorce Legal Services
    • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
    • Related Articles

    Consult best Divorce lawyers in India

    Similar questions

    I am a muslim girl. My husband sent a talaq letter (divorce letter). I don't…
    My husband cheated me and my family while arranging marriage by telling that he has…
    My wife is refusing to fulfill her pre marriage promise to deliver a baby with…
    Sir/Madam, After lot of false allegations and DV act/498A harassment, I went for divorce and…

    Divorce Lawyers in India

    Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

      Supreme Court of India
     Experience: 16 years

    Advocate Prashant Mendiratta

      Lajpat Nagar 4
     Experience: 24 years

    Advocate Vara Prasada Rao Tangrda

     Experience: 17 years

    Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar

      Connaught Place
     Experience: 20 years

    View all >>

    Quick Consult

    Get 15 Minutes of Expert Legal Advice on Phone right now

    Ask a Free Question

    Post a Question online and get free advice from multiple lawyers by email

    Find a Lawyer

    Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

    Get Fee Estimate

    Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly