Muslim wife not accepting the divorce by husband

We are a Muslim couple. I was at my mother’s house when my husband sent talaq letter to me. I do not want to accept this divorce. But as per Muslim law I cannot stop my husband from giving talaq to me. Is there any way to stop my husband from giving divorce?


There is two essentials which should be fulfilled before such talaq can be called a valid talaq that is-
  • Arbitration process- trying to resolve the matter mutually
  • Presence of witness at the time of giving the talaq.

You can check for these conditions and if they are absent, you can challenge divorce given by your husband on these two grounds. If these conditions are missing, the divorce is inoperative.

Learn what is triple talaq, triple talaq rules and Supreme Court judgements on triple talaq cases here at

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
Advocate Preeti Joshi
District Court, Gurgaon
11 years Experience
Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar
Connaught Place, Delhi
22 years Experience
Advocate Harish Malhotra
District Court, Gurgaon
22 years Experience

Related Articles

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Legal Services

60 Min Marriage / Relationship Counselling Session by Phone

No Ratings
60 Min telephonic counselling session with an expert relationship counsellor
15 Minutes Divorce Advice Session by Phone

4.8 | 371 ratings
Ask questions and get advice from a local experienced advocate on divorce and separation
Court Marriage

4.8 | 94 ratings
Work with a local experienced family advocate to guide you through your court marriage.
Legal Notice / Reply to Legal Notice for Divorce

4.6 | 45 ratings
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help
File for Mutual Divorce

4.8 | 241 ratings
Get hassle-free mutual divorce for both Indian and NRI couples through experienced lawyer in your city
Marriage Registration

4.8 | 170 ratings
Get your marriage registered through an experienced local advocate in the city of your residence
Similar questions

I am abroad and my wife who went on a summer vacation to India has filed for divorce. She or her family is not picking up my call and when my parents …

Read More

I am a divorcee and the single parent of my child. My ex husband doesn't want the child or take responsibilities.   What legal action can I…

Read More

My marriage is about to complete three years but till date there are lot of issues between me and my wife. Now situation come at this point that I am …

Read More

It was 6 months of my marriage life.iam not at all interested in the marriage life.I said the same to my husband.can i file divorce case .when can i g…

Read More

Talk to a lawyer for your legal issue