Muslim wife not accepting the divorce by husband

We are a Muslim couple. I was at my mother’s house when my husband sent talaq letter to me. I do not want to accept this divorce. But as per Muslim law I cannot stop my husband from giving talaq to me. Is there any way to stop my husband from giving divorce?

Answer

There is two essentials which should be fulfilled before such talaq can be called a valid talaq that is-

• Arbitration process- trying to resolve the matter mutually
  • Presence of witness at the time of giving the talaq.

You can check for these conditions and if they are absent, you can challenge divorce given by your husband on these two grounds. If these conditions are missing, the divorce is inoperative.

Learn what is triple talaq, triple talaq rules and Supreme Court judgements on triple talaq cases here at LawRato.com

Advocate Preeti Joshi