Mother in law harasses everyday can legal action be taken against her

Hello Sir/Madam, I am married since Dec 2012 and have a baby boy who is 2 yr 6 month old. My mom in law harass me every day for every single thing in the house, thereby making my life miserable. Actually my mom in law has major influence on my husband n he agrees to whatever wrong she says.she creates one or the other scene and lies to him for petty issues.our joint family. now i m not redy to leave in joint family for this daily harassment so i told my hubby to we r separately living another house. my hubby is nt redy for ths thts why i ' living with my parents last 8 month. wht i do now

Answers (2)

237 votes

Madam you can give legal notice through lawyer against you mother in law for harassing you physically and mentally.
Also you can give FIR in local police station for the same.
As you have baby just take care of him and for his bright future don't told your husband to live separately.
If still they don't agree then give medication technique to solve your issue.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

217 votes

Dear client first file complaint with women cell of police under sec 498 a against mother in law. Then file domestic violence case for mental harassment in court. U can also file maintenance case against husband under sec 125. For any legal help call me

Adv prasad patil


Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles