mother in law creating problem in our married life

We have done court marriage on June,2015 & this is our arrange marriage.Till then we have not yet started our married life.My mother in law is not allowing us to stay together.After our court marriage only one time my husband came to meet me,for 2 hrs, that also with his mother.Whenever I make phone call, I have to talk to my mother-in law first & then to my husband.When he talks, that time mother-in law is also seating in front of husband to listen our conversation. Moreover, mother in law is not talking to my parents properly.Husband is also obeying his mother fully.How can i start new life?

Answers (1)

122 votes

Being a legally wedded wife, you can go to his house, no one can stop you entry to the house. You have full rights in you matrimonial house. You take your parents with you while going to their house, if they indulge in any violent acts against you, you may warn them that you will seek police help to solve the problem, despite that if they still insist to drive you away, you may approach a police station locally with a complaint against them for their cruel acts against you including dowry harassments etc and also file a complaint with protection office of your district under domestic violence act.
Before deciding to initiate any legal action which may spoil your married life which is yet to begin, you may rope in the elders for an amicable talks with your husband and his mother and sort the issues if possible, if the efforts fail to evoke any positive response then you may think of legal action/solution this problem.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles