Married to homosexual guy by fraud. What are my options now?

arranged marriage, after wedding husband is unable to establish sexual relation. Even after repeated questioning refused to to answer. Now the situtaion looks more like that of homosexuality. Please guide what is the legal actuon that can be taken. Its been 7 months since the wedding

Answers (4)

277 votes

This question has been answered by one of our lawyers. See answer below.

61 votes

You can file a divorce proceedings on the ground of impotency or homosexuality before the District Court. In case there is a dowry demand, then a criminal action can also be taken.

Best regards,


Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

176 votes

Thank you for your query
Instances like yours are very common now a days
Not being able to establish sexual relation is cruelty
Moreover marriage has been done hiding the fact
It is a perfect ground for filing divorce and subsequently relief would be granted
Rest can be discussed on a one to one basis

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
281 votes

the legal action that you can immediately take is to file for divorce on the ground of non-consummation of the marriage and also it can be ground for cruelty. You can seek maintenance in the divorce petition.

Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles