Married in USA. Whats the divorce procedure and how to get green card

in usamarrige divorice what proceger and what do time in parment green card holder ples rply me

Answers (1)

232 votes
If you obtained your green card through marriage to a U.S. citizen or permanent resident, a divorce (or annulment) may pose a problem. Indeed, U.S. immigration laws make clear that only real, valid marriages qualify an immigrant for a green card. So your concern is understandable.
First, in order to file for divorce you must meet the residency requirements of the state in which you are residing. You need to supplement your post with that information -- in which state you are residing and how long there.

If you have a spousal visa, the required minimum time for Immigration to consider the marriage valid is 2 years. If the marriage ends before that time, your visa is subject to being cancelled

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles