×

quesMarried for months. First wife not wiling to divorce.

Last 7 years i am in a relationship. he is still married but their marriage is not going good. He wants divorce but his wife continuously threatening him. For the last 7 years we are living like a husband and wife and also working together. All our colleagues known us as husband and wife. Few months back we got married at a temple. He wants to stay with me but his first wife determine not to get the divorce. He is mentally tortured every time.How could i solve this problem?

• ansIf your lover is sure that he needs a divorce from his first wife then,
      He needs to file a divorce petition in the Court and contest it.

This process usually takes time unlike mutual consent divorce which takes place in an year time. Even if you have married him in a temple, that will not legalize your marriage with him.

Indian Law does not accept this wedding when the first wife is also legally wedded to him.

There are chances that an case of adultery, mental harassment and cruelty be also filed by the wife against him.

• File For Mutual Divorce With Expert Lawyers

Click here to see all Divorce Legal Services