Marriage registered fraudulently in front of registrar. How to cancel

Marriage was registered in front of marriage registrar fraudulently. It happened 5-6 months back. How can we get the marriage null and void?

Answers (1)

File a petition for annulment of marriage before the court. This should be done within one year from date of marriage.

Annulment means getting a decree of marriage nullified in cases where such decree has been obtained by fraud.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Saifuddin Saifee
Maharani Road, Indore
18 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Articles

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Legal Services

Legal Notice / Reply to Legal Notice for Divorce

4.6 | 45 ratings
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help
60 Min Marriage / Relationship Counselling Session by Phone

No Ratings
60 Min telephonic counselling session with an expert relationship counsellor
15 Minutes Divorce Advice Session by Phone

4.8 | 371 ratings
Ask questions and get advice from a local experienced advocate on divorce and separation
Court Marriage

4.8 | 94 ratings
Work with a local experienced family advocate to guide you through your court marriage.
File for Mutual Divorce

4.8 | 241 ratings
Get hassle-free mutual divorce for both Indian and NRI couples through experienced lawyer in your city
Marriage Registration

4.8 | 170 ratings
Get your marriage registered through an experienced local advocate in the city of your residence
Similar questions

Marriage certificate powers and effects. Can a third party cancel or destroy the masrriage certificate…

Read More

I want to know the Procedure how to cancel marriage or marriage certificate in Arya Samaj Mandir after getting divorce. My friend got married for 5 ye…

Read More

My bro has registered married a girl.Our family members r not ready to accept her and this has not been known to our parents that they have registered…

Read More

Married at registration office 6 months ago. aadhar copy submitted. Not lived together. No physical affair. different caste. girl asking for divorce c…

Read More

Talk to a lawyer for your legal issue