quesMami left for hometown with brother. Not wiling to come back to mama.

My mama and mami have been married for 14 years now. Due to some family dispute mami left with his brother to her hometown in BIhar. After many attempts by mama, mami is not wiling to come back. What can we do now?

  • Planning to Divorce? Marriage Counselling can help

    Consult Now
    • ans

      Assuming your Mami and mami are Hindus,

      We suggest you that your mama (uncle) should file an petition under Section 9 - Restitution of conjugal rights , wherein the court in the legal way can direct her to stay with him.

    • ansYou can file petition for restitution of conjugal rights in the court. Once the court summons your mami, you can also get the matter referred for mediation so that your mam and mami can discuss the issues in presence of third person.

      Advocate Shikha Pandey

        Greater Kailash-1, Delhi

    • ansThank you for query and sorry for what has happened
      Would request you to lodge a complaint with the police station of the area that mami has left with her brother without disclosing her whereabouts
      Also say that you have been trying to contact her but are unable to
      As if something happens to her God forbid you are not held responsible
      You may try speaking to her parents about it and keep as many people on your side as possible

      Advocate Amitesh Singh Bakshi

        Delhi High Court, Delhi

    • File Mutual Consent Divorce @ Rs. 25,000/- only

      Know More
    • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
    • Related Articles

    Consult best Divorce lawyers in India

    Similar questions

    If anyone file petition for divorce on the basis of grounds fixed for divorce and…
    m getting tortured day by day 4 days my husband is torturing me for money…
    Sir, I am belong to sikh religion and I am in a position to get…

    Hi, I m Married fir last 4.6 yr. Have a son of 3.6 yr. My…

    Divorce Lawyers in India

    Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

      Supreme Court of India
     Experience: 16 years

    Advocate Prashant Mendiratta

      Lajpat Nagar 4
     Experience: 24 years

    Advocate Nagesh B L

     Experience: 23 years

    Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar

      Connaught Place
     Experience: 20 years

    View all >>

    Quick Consult

    Get 15 Minutes of Expert Legal Advice on Phone right now

    Ask a Free Question

    Post a Question online and get free advice from multiple lawyers by email

    Find a Lawyer

    Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

    Get Fee Estimate

    Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly