Maintenance ruled out. Can wife seek to increase maintenance?

If maintenance to wife is ruled out by court while a divorce case is in continuation, can wife seek increase in the amount? and when (any minimum period)?

Answers (1)

219 votes

Maintenance is granted by court after examining the economic condition of husband. If the salary of husband has increased or his life style has improved, then according to the present condition , husband is liable to pay maintenance only on court order.

Further, we are unable to understand what do you mean by" when (any minimum period)?". Please clarify the same, so that we can answer your query

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles