quesMaintenance and alimony

My sister works as a government school teacher and my brother in law working in indian railways due to personal causes. They are applying for divorce. They have a girl and a boy. What about the children after divorce. Is it possible that the children would come to my sister. Can my sister apply for compensation as she is working. Can we book the case under domestic violence?

  • Planning to Divorce? Marriage Counselling can help

    Consult Now
    • ansYour sister wants the custody. Generally, the courts award the custody of minor children to the mother. The father gets only visitation rights. Since both, your sister and husband are going in for divorce by mutual consent, the terms provide that custody will be given to the mother only. Since your sister is working she won't get maintenance but will get maintenance for the children. Filing of domestic violence will aggravate the issue. Better arrive at an amicable settlement.

    • File Mutual Consent Divorce @ Rs. 25,000/- only

      Know More
    • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
    • Related Articles

    Consult best Divorce lawyers in India

    Similar questions

    The girl flied for alimony. She is highly educated Was employed before marriage earning Rs…

    I want to file for divorce due to some personal issues. What is the procedure…
    I got married in jan 2015. My wife started fighting from the very first day.…
    I'm married a women 2014 last week I heared she already married she applied for…

    Divorce Lawyers in India

    Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

      Supreme Court of India
     Experience: 16 years

    Advocate Nagesh B L

     Experience: 23 years

    Advocate Prashant Mendiratta

      Lajpat Nagar 4
     Experience: 24 years

    Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar

      Connaught Place
     Experience: 20 years

    View all >>

    Quick Consult

    Get 15 Minutes of Expert Legal Advice on Phone right now

    Ask a Free Question

    Post a Question online and get free advice from multiple lawyers by email

    Find a Lawyer

    Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

    Get Fee Estimate

    Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly