queslegally wife and husband- even after separation

A hindu mother left her hindu husband and children and filed case in the court for maintenance from her husband while living separately. She was granted a sum amount by the court for her monthly maintenance. Just one or two years later she again filed a case in the court for maintenance enhancement. There also she got maintenance enhancement by sum amount. Is she still called legally wedded wife of the husband? Please clarify it.

  • Planning to Divorce? Marriage Counselling can help

    Consult Now
    • ansUnless and until divorce has officially taken place she continues to be the legally wedded wife of her husband. A claim for maintenance does not hamper the marital status.

      The provision for judicial separation is contained in Section 10 of the Hindu Marriage Act, 1955. The section reads as under: A decree for judicial separation can be sought on all those ground on which decree for dissolution of marriage, i.e. divorce can be sought.

    • File For Mutual Divorce With Expert Lawyers
      Know More

      Click here to see all Divorce Legal Services
    • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
    • Related Articles

    Consult best Divorce lawyers in India

    Similar questions

    My husband has an affair and keep his girlfriend at my home last one month…
    hello i m married men i hv 2 child & wife before our marriage i…
    Me and my husband staying in a rented flat.the lease deed is on both of…
    Actually I got married to a girl 1.5 years back.she is very greedy for money.property…

    Divorce Lawyers in India

    Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

      Supreme Court of India
     Experience: 16 years

    Advocate Prashant Mendiratta

      Lajpat Nagar 4
     Experience: 24 years

    Advocate Vara Prasada Rao Tangrda

     Experience: 17 years

    Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar

      Connaught Place
     Experience: 20 years

    View all >>