quesJudge asked to take mutual divorce but gave a date after 6 months.

My younger brother has filed divorce case. Since one year the case is in the court. Earlier his wife wasn't ready to divorce him. Now she is wiling to divorce him. The judge has asked to take mutual divorce and given a date next hearing six months later. How can my brother quickly get divorce?

  • Planning to Divorce? Marriage Counselling can help

    Consult Now
    • ansThe period of 6 months given by judge is in compliance with the provisions of Law. Hence, cannot be dispensed with. Thus, your brother will get divorced only after 6 months when second motion would be moved. Under Indian Laws marriage is a sacred relation and not contract therefore courts are duty bound to make efforts until last ditch to save a marriage.

      Advocate Kunal Sabharawal

        Panchsheel Enclave, Delhi

    • ansA mutual divorce can be obtained in approximately 6 months. It essentially involves two motions before court, 6 months apart.

      The parties can move a joint petition for divorce and appear in court wherein the judge will confirm their intentions. And six months later, the second motion will be passed and divorce decree issued.

    • ansFor divorce by mutual consent, both parties have to agree to get divorced. The following are the laws related to it:
      • Hindu Marriage Act-Section 13B
      • Divorce Act-Section 10A
      • Special marriage Ac-Section 28
      However, you will need to show to the court that you have been living separately for a year for that. In case your brother has not been living separately for more than a year, he will have to wait for that time to pass.

      Advocate Mishika Singh

        Lajpat Nagar 1, Delhi

    • File Mutual Consent Divorce @ Rs. 25,000/- only

      Know More
    • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
    • Related Articles

    Consult best Divorce lawyers in India

    Similar questions

    My Divorce case is going on. I have filed case of Domestic violence against my…
    I'm married for 3+ years and stuck in a very bad marriage. I need some…
    Can the husband extract money from our family on pretext of agreeing to go for…
    I am working woman, been married for about 6 months, traditional HINDU wedding. I am…

    Divorce Lawyers in India

    Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

      Supreme Court of India
     Experience: 16 years

    Advocate Prashant Mendiratta

      Lajpat Nagar 4
     Experience: 24 years

    Advocate Nagesh B L

     Experience: 23 years

    Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar

      Connaught Place
     Experience: 20 years

    View all >>

    Quick Consult

    Get 15 Minutes of Expert Legal Advice on Phone right now

    Ask a Free Question

    Post a Question online and get free advice from multiple lawyers by email

    Find a Lawyer

    Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

    Get Fee Estimate

    Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly