is post dated cheque to b given in court for settlement

we settled the matter for 5 lakhs and ready to take mutual divorce, but Here her lawyer is insisting me to give a post dated cheque and it will be with court only till the final hearing is done, is it correct? will this happen with court?

Or he is trying to fool me? And he is saying that we have to give a proof or security to the above agreed amount, other wise the judge will not consider. it this how the procedure happens in court?

Yes, it indeed is a method of settlement. You can draft an acknowledgement receipt for that payment and take signature of other party and keep it with you. Every process has to be done in court in front of the concerned judge.

You don't have to give any kind of proof of security.