Is it possible to get divorce just after two months of marriage.

We got married in arya samaj and after that we decided to agree our parents. So we came back to our respective homes. But now my wife is refusing to come and her parents are saying that she wants divorce. I wnat to know that is it possible to get divorce in any manner just after two month of marriage.

Answers (1)

221 votes
You cannot file for divorce in two months of marriage. You can file for divorce after completing one year of marriage. You can get your marriage annulled in two months of marriage - 

The grounds for a marriage annulment may vary according to the different legal jurisdictions, but are generally limited to fraud, bigamy, blood relationship and mental incompetence including the following:

1) Either spouse was already married to someone else at the time of the marriage in question;

2) Either spouse was too young to be married, or too young without required court or parental consent. (In some cases, such a marriage is still valid if it continues well beyond the younger spouse's reaching marriageable age);

3) Either spouse was under the influence of drugs or alcohol at the time of the marriage;

4) Either spouse was mentally incompetent at the time of the marriage;

5) If the consent to the marriage was based on fraud or force;

6) Either spouse was physically incapable to be married (typically, chronically unable to have sexual intercourse) at the time of the marriage;

7) The marriage is prohibited by law due to the relationship between the parties. This is the "prohibited degree of consanguinity", or blood relationship between the parties. The most common legal relationship is 2nd cousins; the legality of such relationship between 1st cousins varies around the world;

8) Prisoners sentenced to a term of life imprisonment may not marry;

9) Concealment (e.g. one of the parties concealed a drug addiction, prior criminal record or having a sexually transmitted disease).

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles