Is it possible to extent the cooling off period by court

Hi, Me and My wife applied Mutual consent divorce and court gave 6 Months Cooling Period, The 6 Months cooling period is going to over, But i need extra time ( 1 or 2 Months) to change my wife's Mind. Is it possible to extend the coolinfg period.

Answers (2)

211 votes

YOU need extra time ( 1 or 2 Months) to change your wife's Mind. you can take time from court. hon'ble court can give time.if you are join with your can take time .your intention is good
all the best

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

152 votes

The law has been framed to facilitate reunion of the quarreling couples.
The time span 6 months was made mandatory for this purpose alone.
Wel if you want to give a chance to save your marriage, you may file a petition before the court to adjourn the matter by another two months period to ascertain the fact this way or the other way.
On being properly represented before court, the court may grant you time and adjourn the next hearing to some other date.
There are 18 months within which the said case can be disposed.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles