quesIs divorce possible after 2 month? What all documents required for it?

Can I get divorce if I have been married for 2 months now? Kindly tell me the process and the documents required for the divorce. This is not a divorce by mutual consent. Please tell me how to go about it.

  • Planning to Divorce? Marriage Counselling can help

    Consult Now
    • ans

      The Petition for Divorce can be filed after 1 year of Marriage by both the parties either by Mutual Consent or under the various provisions mentioned in the Hindu Marriage Act, 1955 (provided you are married under the Hindu Law). 

      In case the marriage is not an year old yet, the petition for Divorce will not be accepted by the Hon'ble Court unless rarest circumstances are proven by the party filing the petition.

      An application under Section 14 of the Hindu Marriage Act is to be filed showing the extraordinary circumstances seeking waiver of one year time period from the marriage as per the law. 

      So in case you are seeking a Divorce, we suggest you should wait for a period of 1 year and use the time to talk and discuss the whole matter with your spouse and her family.

      The documents required for divorce are Proof of marriage. (Marriage Certificate issued by Registrar of Marriages Or Photograph of Marriage Ceremony, wedding card), Identity Proof of both parties (Passport,Voter's Card, Ration card, Official Identity Card issued by Government etc)

      Kindly contact us for any further details and action.

    • File Mutual Consent Divorce @ Rs. 25,000/- only

      Know More
    • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
    • Related Articles

    Consult best Divorce lawyers in India

    Similar questions

    my sister who was harassed physically and mentally .and put for blame of affair with…

    My wife is a anaesthetist,my wife completed MD anaesthesia at Kurnool medical college,I live with my…

    i recently married 2 days ago with my gf now she is my wife. now…

    My daughter was living in the US with husband and 2 children. The husband mentally…

    Divorce Lawyers in India

    Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

      Supreme Court of India
     Experience: 16 years

    Advocate Prashant Mendiratta

      Lajpat Nagar 4
     Experience: 24 years

    Advocate Nagesh B L

     Experience: 23 years

    Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar

      Connaught Place
     Experience: 20 years

    View all >>

    Quick Consult

    Get 15 Minutes of Expert Legal Advice on Phone right now

    Ask a Free Question

    Post a Question online and get free advice from multiple lawyers by email

    Find a Lawyer

    Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

    Get Fee Estimate

    Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly