Is divorce possible after 2 month? What all documents required for it?

Can I get divorce if I have been married for 2 months now? Kindly tell me the process and the documents required for the divorce. This is not a divorce by mutual consent. Please tell me how to go about it.

The Petition for Divorce can be filed after 1 year of Marriage by both the parties either by Mutual Consent or under the various provisions mentioned in the Hindu Marriage Act, 1955 (provided you are married under the Hindu Law). 

In case the marriage is not an year old yet, the petition for Divorce will not be accepted by the Hon'ble Court unless rarest circumstances are proven by the party filing the petition.

An application under Section 14 of the Hindu Marriage Act is to be filed showing the extraordinary circumstances seeking waiver of one year time period from the marriage as per the law. 

So in case you are seeking a Divorce, we suggest you should wait for a period of 1 year and use the time to talk and discuss the whole matter with your spouse and her family.

The documents required for divorce are Proof of marriage. (Marriage Certificate issued by Registrar of Marriages Or Photograph of Marriage Ceremony, wedding card), Identity Proof of both parties (Passport,Voter's Card, Ration card, Official Identity Card issued by Government etc)

Advocate Nikhil Singh
Singh & Associates, Hubli