×

quesIs 6 months period necessary for mutual divorce?

I am going to file my divorce case on mutual consent. I was marry in 2012. so its 1 year complete my lawyer said it will take six months more to get divorce. If I submit waiver application then can I get divorce in one or two months because my husband lives in foreign country and does my husband needs to come on second motion or this will resolve by power of attorney?

• ans6 months cooling period is required before second motion. Also, your husband's presence would be required on second motion.

However he can state on affidavit duly affirmed by the Indian consulate that he has no objection to divorce being granted that all disputes have been settled as per consent terms.
      He can depose by video conferencing if family court has such facility .

• File For Mutual Divorce With Expert Lawyers

Click here to see all Divorce Legal Services