irresponsible behaviour of husband. Can he file for divorce?

After 4 months of marriage husband asked me to open a joint account wid him in which only my salary will be transfered. I told him that I am planning for home loan so cant do it. After this his family are forcing me to quit job& do household work only. He is showing no responsibilty towards me. They sent me to my parent home on the condition that they will accept me only if I quit the job. I quarrel with him in frustration, anger on phone for his irresponsible behaviour, but not used abusive words. He recorded our conversation. Can he file mental cruelty case against me using that recording?

Answers (1)

496 votes

We can comment on the fact only after examining the recording over the phone.

However if any act of cruelty is inflicted upon him, he has full right to file a divorce case under SECTION 13(1) of the Hindu Marriage Act on the ground of curelty

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles