In laws want to convert. They are filing false cases against me.

My wife wants a divorce and I want to stay with my wife and daughter. I am a Hindu and my wife is Muslim. She is putting fake allegations on me on domestic violence though the actual problem is that her parents and brothers wants me to get converted. But to defend them and to take my daughter away from me she is putting fake alligations against me and is asking me to leave the house we are staying on along with her brother's. I Said lets find a house and move out three of us but she is forcing me to move out without my baby and she wants to stay with her family brothers and parents. Advise

Answers (1)

191 votes

We suggest you to first ask your wife's opinion on continuing her relationship as husband and wife. If she says no finally, then you approach the Jurisdictional Family Court and file a Restitution of conjugal rights case and for the custody of the minor child.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles