If my wife is earning more can I file for maintenance from her

Am xyz... working as lecturer in private institute getting salary Rs10000/month, my wife applied divorce before 2 years even i agreed for that later she with draw the case,then she applied she want me mean while i applied for divorce still she not attending for any hearing after 3 dates postponing now she applied for maintainance... as she is govt employee earining more than Rs30000/month.... simply she applying these things.... now my lawyer saying we wil apply for maintainance.... i need whether i have to give maintainance ? else shall i ask for maintanance.....please help me

Chances are less that the court will grant a maintenance for you if you file an application claiming maintenance from your wife. But the Hindu Marriage Act provides a provision to claim maintenance from the spouse either from by the Husband or the wife. further since your wife is a government employee, you have strong evidence to rebut her claim for maintenance.