If my wife is earning more can I file for maintenance from her

Am xyz... working as lecturer in private institute getting salary Rs10000/month, my wife applied divorce before 2 years even i agreed for that later she with draw the case,then she applied she want me mean while i applied for divorce still she not attending for any hearing after 3 dates postponing now she applied for maintainance... as she is govt employee earining more than Rs30000/month.... simply she applying these things.... now my lawyer saying we wil apply for maintainance.... i need whether i have to give maintainance ? else shall i ask for maintanance.....please help me

Answers (1)

130 votes

Chances are less that the court will grant a maintenance for you if you file an application claiming maintenance from your wife. But the Hindu Marriage Act provides a provision to claim maintenance from the spouse either from by the Husband or the wife. further since your wife is a government employee, you have strong evidence to rebut her claim for maintenance.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles