If I file for divorce will I get child custody permanently

Married on Feb'06'. Child birth on Jan'09'. Objected on staying at my parent's place for 3 months just post delivery. Asked me to return all my wedding jewelries. Returned all as I was mentally extremely harassed. Went back to inlaws house after lots of mental harassment done by husband on Jun 09. From then onwards they did not keep any connection with my parents and my relatives. Max of husband's nominee is his mother in 100% share including PF, Gratuity, etc. I'm adjusting with him past 10 years. At times he abuses me degrading my entity. Want to divorce him if I get my child custody 100%.


You can file a complaint case against your husband and your in laws for mental harassment and ill treatment in the women cell. You can file for divorce in the Family court of your jurisdiction and claim for child custody. Child below the age of 7 or till maturity the custody is with mother. You can claim for custody in the court by proving that it's best for the child to stay with the mother.


Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Saifuddin Saifee
Maharani Road, Indore
18 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Articles

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Similar questions

how much time it will take if all sections are compoundable and chargesheet is filed and both parties agrees for withdrawal (husband wife matter)? sec…

Read More

Sir/madam, On 11.10.2018, family court judge gave direction to me(husband) that husband pay one time litigation expenses of rs. 11,000/- to wife…

Read More

Dear Sir I have 3 cases against me ( crpc-125 ; DV and 498a ) After so many persuasion wife had given following situation to be presented in mediatio…

Read More

We belong from hinduism religion,Sir my ist mami went from my mama ji's house on 22-6-2010 by signature on the rajinama papers but now she file a …

Read More