If i file case in my town will husband need to appear in this court?

I have been tried to be killed by my husband so many times. I left him 3 years ago but he has been blackmailing me for divorce. Now i think of filing 498 A for all the cruelties and he & his family did to me. I know since he is influential he won't be arrested. in that case will he face problems coming all the way to my town to fight the case and then give me divorce?

Answer

As per the Hindu Law, law gives you the discretion to file case for divorce in whichever place you are residing and your spouse would be called through the process of court to reply to your case. You can also file a case for attempt of murder under section 307 IPC in addition to 498A. The other remedy available to you in law is to file a case under domestic violence act in which you can also seek maintenance and residence and in addition make your husband viable for domestic violence.