×

quesi want divorce. Never shared relationship of husband wife.

Dear Sir/Madam, I married just 2 & 1/2 month ago. It was an arranged marriage. My parents forced me to do this marriage at my home town Bihar. I was not agree to do this marriage by heart. They emotionally blackmaled me to do so. After coming back to Delhi and start living with her for only one month i dont even touched her and we dont have any relationship like husband and wife. Since 11th June 2015 she is there at her mothers place. i do not want to continue this married life with her as we cannot live together now. Kindly suggest if something is possible in my case.

• ansUnder the provisions of the Hindu Marriage Act, you are not entitled to file for divorce until you complete one year of marriage unless you take express permission of the Court under Section 14 of the Act. You can also prefer a petition for Judicial Separation under Section 10 of the Hindu Marriage Act and then after the period of one year is over, prefer a Divorce Petition under Section 13 of the Act. My advise would be to wait it out if possible and attempt a mutual divorce after one year has expired but only if it is possible to do so.

Supreme Court of India, Delhi

• ansAs per Hindu Law, you cannot seek divorce until one year of marriage. Therefore, use this time to build an emotional bonding failing which you can file for divorce, but the said process if not by mutual consent is troublesome.

Best

Advocate Kunal Sabharawal

Panchsheel Enclave, Delhi

• ansYou had put yourself in difficult situation by not refusing. to the same at the begining itself . you can file a petition for divorce by mutual consent, but for same you req. cooperation of your wife.just try to convince your wife that there is no future in the relationship and she had to agree for severance of relationship also. This is the right time as there is no issue out of said relationship

Advocate Ashok Kumar Jha

Mayur Vihar 1, Delhi