i want divorce. Never shared relationship of husband wife.

Dear Sir/Madam, I married just 2 & 1/2 month ago. It was an arranged marriage. My parents forced me to do this marriage at my home town Bihar. I was not agree to do this marriage by heart. They emotionally blackmaled me to do so. After coming back to Delhi and start living with her for only one month i dont even touched her and we dont have any relationship like husband and wife. Since 11th June 2015 she is there at her mothers place. i do not want to continue this married life with her as we cannot live together now. Kindly suggest if something is possible in my case.

Answers (3)

107 votes

Under the provisions of the Hindu Marriage Act, you are not entitled to file for divorce until you complete one year of marriage unless you take express permission of the Court under Section 14 of the Act. You can also prefer a petition for Judicial Separation under Section 10 of the Hindu Marriage Act and then after the period of one year is over, prefer a Divorce Petition under Section 13 of the Act. My advise would be to wait it out if possible and attempt a mutual divorce after one year has expired but only if it is possible to do so.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

293 votes

As per Hindu Law, you cannot seek divorce until one year of marriage. Therefore, use this time to build an emotional bonding failing which you can file for divorce, but the said process if not by mutual consent is troublesome.


Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
196 votes

You had put yourself in difficult situation by not refusing. to the same at the begining itself . you can file a petition for divorce by mutual consent, but for same you req. cooperation of your wife.just try to convince your wife that there is no future in the relationship and she had to agree for severance of relationship also. This is the right time as there is no issue out of said relationship

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles