quesI need divorce against my parent's consent, I got married 4 months ago

I got married 4 months ago. My husband and in laws are ready for the divorce but my parents are not agreeing for it. How can I go for a Divorce?

  • Planning to Divorce? Marriage Counselling can help

    Consult Now
    • ans

      As we understand your situation, both you and your husband want a mutual divorce.
      Both you and your husband can file for a mutual divorce under section 13 B  of the Hindu Marriage Act. However such a petition for dissolution of marriage can be presented to the district court by you and your husband, on the ground that you have been living separately for a minimum period of one year and that you have not been able to live together and that you have mutually agreed that the marriage should be dissolved. Since a period of 1 year has not yet passed, you need to wait before you file the petition.
      Also, till the time you and your husband are willing to separate, you don't need your parent's consent.


    • File Mutual Consent Divorce @ Rs. 25,000/- only

      Know More
    • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
    • Related Articles

    Consult best Divorce lawyers in India

    Similar questions

    I have married before 3 years. My Husband ill-treated and beated me, so I left…
    My wife has filed a case against me under said section on 28.07.2014. My first…

    Dear Sir, My spouse has been acute mental disorder well before our marriage and he…

    Divorce Lawyers in India

    Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

      Supreme Court of India
     Experience: 16 years

    Advocate Prashant Mendiratta

      Lajpat Nagar 4
     Experience: 24 years

    Advocate Nagesh B L

     Experience: 23 years

    Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar

      Connaught Place
     Experience: 20 years

    View all >>

    Quick Consult

    Get 15 Minutes of Expert Legal Advice on Phone right now

    Ask a Free Question

    Post a Question online and get free advice from multiple lawyers by email

    Find a Lawyer

    Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

    Get Fee Estimate

    Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly