×

quesI need divorce against my parent's consent, I got married 4 months ago

I got married 4 months ago. My husband and in laws are ready for the divorce but my parents are not agreeing for it. How can I go for a Divorce?

As we understand your situation, both you and your husband want a mutual divorce.
      Both you and your husband can file for a mutual divorce under section 13 B  of the Hindu Marriage Act. However such a petition for dissolution of marriage can be presented to the district court by you and your husband, on the ground that you have been living separately for a minimum period of one year and that you have not been able to live together and that you have mutually agreed that the marriage should be dissolved. Since a period of 1 year has not yet passed, you need to wait before you file the petition.
      Also, till the time you and your husband are willing to separate, you don't need your parent's consent.