quesHusband wants divorce. What cases wife can file?

I want to file a case against my wife for divorce. But Someone suggested me that if she will file a case of domestic violence and dowry then you and your family have to go to jail, because a non bailable warrant will be issued against me and my family. And i will be arrested within 24 hours and i will not have any chance to defend myself. I have some proofs against her. But is it really the case that for a husband to file a case against his wife will land him and his parents in jail. If so how i can prevent such actions?

  • Planning to Divorce? Marriage Counselling can help

    Consult Now
    • ansBest option is to go for divorce by mutual consent. Second option is to visit a family counselor to save your marriage. If situation is beyond control then only file for contested divorce. Your wife may as counter attack file DV case / 498A case against you and your family members. In DV case you don't go to jail, even in 498A case the SC has laid down detailed guidelines to prevent harassment of husband and his family members.

      Only if prima facie case is made out would you be arrested. Contact a local lawyer and based on his advice only take legal steps for filing divorce case. You can also obtain Anticipatory bail if you so desire.

    • File For Mutual Divorce With Expert Lawyers
      Know More

      Click here to see all Divorce Legal Services
    • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
    • Related Articles

    Consult best Divorce lawyers in India

    Similar questions

    I and my husband have mutually separated and signed the mutual consent divorce papers (no…
    Sir i m defence personal and basically belong to jat family in rajasthan.In apr 2013…
    My wife left house around 3 months back and never wanted to come back. She…
    Coming December we are completing 7 years of our marriage. My wife doesnt want to…

    Divorce Lawyers in India

    Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

      Supreme Court of India
     Experience: 16 years

    Advocate Nagesh B L

     Experience: 23 years

    Advocate Prashant Mendiratta

      Lajpat Nagar 4
     Experience: 24 years

    Advocate Vara Prasada Rao Tangrda

     Experience: 17 years

    View all >>