×

quesHusband wants divorce. What cases wife can file?

I want to file a case against my wife for divorce. But Someone suggested me that if she will file a case of domestic violence and dowry then you and your family have to go to jail, because a non bailable warrant will be issued against me and my family. And i will be arrested within 24 hours and i will not have any chance to defend myself. I have some proofs against her. But is it really the case that for a husband to file a case against his wife will land him and his parents in jail. If so how i can prevent such actions?

• ansBest option is to go for divorce by mutual consent. Second option is to visit a family counselor to save your marriage. If situation is beyond control then only file for contested divorce. Your wife may as counter attack file DV case / 498A case against you and your family members. In DV case you don't go to jail, even in 498A case the SC has laid down detailed guidelines to prevent harassment of husband and his family members.

Only if prima facie case is made out would you be arrested. Contact a local lawyer and based on his advice only take legal steps for filing divorce case. You can also obtain Anticipatory bail if you so desire.

• File For Mutual Divorce With Expert Lawyers

Click here to see all Divorce Legal Services