×

queshusband wanting to divorce as wife refuses to return

I want to take divorce from my wife who is not staying with me for 11 months. She is more interested to stay with her parents. She is not willing to give mutual divorce. So what should I do? We have one girl child. Can I go on character ground? Please advise.

• ansYou have not mentioned when did you get married ? and if you have been married for more than a year you can file for divorce on the grounds of mental cruelty. You can file a divorce suit before district court against your wife on cruelty ground mentioned u/s 13 (1) (ia) of Hindu Marriage Act, 1955.

However please note that contested divorce petitions take some years to be disposed of.

• File For Mutual Divorce With Expert Lawyers

Click here to see all Divorce Legal Services