Husband threatening me to give divorce.

I am married for 8 years. My husband has an affair since one year. In Aug he left for Dubai and resigned from his work and is in mumbai now. I came to Mumbai in Aug and at that time he informed my family and me that he wants space. He now has sent an email asking me to for a mutual divorce. I do not want to go in for a divorce. He is then threatening me he will take legal actions. I wanted to know will us staying separate make it easy for him to get a divorce. When I came to Mumbai and went to his place he threatened me he will call the cops and put a restraining order on me. Please Advise.

Answers (1)

342 votes

You should immediately file a petition under the domestic violence act seeking maintenance and other reliefs as advised. There are other options also available to you for which an elaborate discussion will be necessary

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles