×

queshusband refusing to give maintenance to working wife

I want to get divorce from my wife. We have been married for 7 years now and we do not have a child. She is earning a living by working and can support herself. Still she is asking for maintenance. How can i avoid that. Please also advice me on that.

• ansUnder Hindu Marriage Act or Under Cr. P.C Section 125 wife cannot be entitled to an interim or permanent maintenance if she is a working lady. The provisions under the Act are to ensure the wife does not live a life of destitute; she has to have a respectable income to support herself. Therefore, in case if she is a working lady then please ensure the following, Collect documentary evidences like bank details, place of work etc., which proves that she is a working lady; Alternatively, under Hindu Marriage Act, a husband can also demand for maintenance; Before approaching a lawyer in Delhi, please have all the evidences beforehand wherein she is earning so that you may avoid maintenance; You MUST attach all the documentary proofs/evidences of her earnings to avoid maintenance.

• File For Mutual Divorce With Expert Lawyers

Click here to see all Divorce Legal Services