×

quesHusband not pay maintenance amount after completion of divorce.

Me and my husband got divorce through mutual consent. In the terms of divorce the maintenance amount mentioned was around 30 lacs lump sum. Thereafter being unable to pay the lump sum he agreed for monthly. Now he is not paying the monthly maintenance or any money. What can i do now? Where can i complain?

• ansIf the maintenance amount of Rs. 30 Lakh toward one time settlement was mentioned in the judgement drawn on decree of divorce by the court, you may sue him for contempt of court and also can seek compensation as well as the balance amount. If the settlement amount was not part of judgement, then you may file a separate maintenance case under section 125 of cr.p.c. or for alimony and one time settlement under section 25 of Hindu marriage act.
      If he has not complied with the condition of MCD judgement, you can prefer an appeal also against the verdict.