quesHusband in another country. How to bring him back for to take divorce?

20 months ago my sister got married to a Guy who is born in india and settled in Australia with PR. He just spent 4 days after getting married with my sister in india and went back to Australia. After so much pressure which took us 11 months, he arranged tourist visa for my sister and there also his behavior is bad.


My sister needs a Divorce from him but he is refusing to come India, not picking calls and wasting time. My sister's marriage is registered in India.


What are legal option that we have to bring him back to india to get Divorce?


  • Planning to Divorce? Marriage Counselling can help

    Consult Now
    • ans


      Firstly, your sister must register a complaint in the nearest Police Station and the crime in the Women Cell for the offence of domestic violence under Section 498A of the Indian Penal Code.


      With respect to the Divorce, you can file a petition on the grounds of cruelty under Section 13(1)(ia) of the Hindu Marriage Act 1955, which includes both physical and mental and in your sister's case both are applicable.


      You sister can also claim maintenance / alimony from him and in this claim she can also include the amount spent on the marriage under Section 125 of the Code of Criminal Procedure or even under the Protection of Women from Domestic Violence Act or the Hindu Marriage Act. All these legislations provide for maintenance to the wife.


      The Court shall summon him and he shall have to appear before the Court and in case he does not, he shall be declared a Proclaimed Offender and his property situated in India can be attached. The summon / notice in such situations is served via the Embassy of the country where the spouse resides.


      Kindly contact us for any further details and action.


    • File Mutual Consent Divorce @ Rs. 25,000/- only

      Know More
    • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
    • Related Articles

    Consult best Divorce lawyers in India

    Similar questions

    498a /DV case pending... it has been 1 year since 498a case filed. my beloved…
    We are having divorce by mutual consent. My husband is filing divorce. He is filing…
    I am ramya. I am going to marry already married man on Aug 2017.but the…
    We got married in arya samaj and after that we decided to agree our parents.…

    Divorce Lawyers in India

    Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

      Supreme Court of India
     Experience: 16 years

    Advocate Prashant Mendiratta

      Lajpat Nagar 4
     Experience: 24 years

    Advocate Nagesh B L

     Experience: 23 years

    Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar

      Connaught Place
     Experience: 20 years

    View all >>

    Quick Consult

    Get 15 Minutes of Expert Legal Advice on Phone right now

    Ask a Free Question

    Post a Question online and get free advice from multiple lawyers by email

    Find a Lawyer

    Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

    Get Fee Estimate

    Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly