Husband filed Perjury u/s 340 stating I concealed facts in affidavit

I have a DV and maintenance case running in a Delhi District court wherein I filed an affidavit stating all my properties but 1 of the properties I had bought jointly with my brother where my brother made 90% of the payment was not mentioned in the affidavit and I did not check the affidavit before my lawyer filed it.

My husband came to know of it and has filed an application of Perjury under sec 340 along with all proofs of that property and stating that I have intentionally hidden the joint property.

Now how do I come out of this? What should be my next steps?

Answers (1)

179 votes

We suggest you in the first place that,

You should file the reply to the application filed under section 340 stating that the information was inadvertently missed out and you had no intention to conceal the facts from Hon'ble Court.


We need to look at the application under section 340 and other documents to be able to guide you in more appropriate manner.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Nikhil Singh
Singh & Associates, Hubli
2 years Experience
Advocate Ricky Chopra
Sector - 49, Gurgaon
18 years Experience
Advocate Ricky Chopra
Karkardooma Court, Delhi
18 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles

Related Articles