×

quesHusband filed divorce case how to proceed

I was married on May 19th 2014. Within a year of marriage my husband physically assaulted me and made murder attempt. I went to a police station and filed NCR to save family life. he agreed to look aft me well in front of police officers and told me to take rest in my mothers home for a week and promised me to take to his house. within 2 days he sent me divorce notice . dowry harassment case filed. In family counselling he did not wanted to save the marriage. He has all my jewels.How to go ahead? I cannot afford for lawyers.Incident happened in mysore; my parents in blr. Kindly advice me.

• ansHi
      Firstly, you can ask the police where you filed NCR to file a FIR as your husband has not honored his word. If the Police refuse to file a FIR you shud go the Magistrate court and file a petition under section 200 of Crpc and pray for a direction directing the police to file a FIR. You can also file a Domestic violence case and in that application pray for a direction to your husband to return the jewels. Simultaneously, you shud contest the divorce case and file a Transfer petition in the Kar.high court to transfer the divorce case to bangalore.
      You have to seek the help of a lawyer as your case requires meticulous work and u may not be aware of legal process.
      Pratap, Advocate

Advocate Pratap Kumar

Madiwala, Bangalore

• ansI suggest you to approach Karnataka Legal Service Authority in case if you are not in a position to hire a lawyer to defend you in the court. The KLSA will assist you by way of appointing an Advocate for free of cost.

Advocate Jagadish N

Adugodi, Bangalore

• ansI was married on May 19th 2014. Within a year of marriage my husband physically assaulted me and made murder attempt. I went to a police station and filed NCR to save family life. he agreed to look aft me well in front of police officers and told me to take rest in my mothers home for a week and promised me to take to his house. within 2 days he sent me divorce notice . dowry harassment case filed. In family counseling he did not wanted to save the marriage. He has all my jewels. How to go ahead? I cannot afford for lawyers.Incident happened in Mysore; my parents in blr. Kindly advice me.

You can approach the legal services authority for redressal of your grievances,

Advocate Girish Kodgi

V.V Puram, Bangalore

• ansIf you are having minimum knowledge of court proceedings you can conduct the case Party-in-Person or otherwise seek the court to provide Free Legal Service. If the Divorce is case filed at Bangalore, I will extend Free Profession Service.

Advocate Periyaswamy K S

Domlur Layout, Bangalore