Husband filed case under section 9 of Hindu marriage act. What is it?

In Divorce Law
My husband has filed section 9 against me. Please inform what is section 9 actually?

A petition under Section 9 of the Hindu Marriage Act is a petition filed for restitution of conjugal rights when either the husband or the wife has, without reasonable excuse, withdrawn from the society of the other.

In such a petition the aggreaved party can apply to the court seeking directions that the other party may be directed to return to the aggreaved party, and to reside and cohabit as husband or wife, as the case may be.