Husband doesn't wish to take responsibility of child. What remedy?

I am a divorcee and the single parent of my child. My ex husband doesn't want the child or take responsibilities.

What legal action can I take to make him take responsibility of the same?

Answer

To effectively answer your question, we would like to know a few facts, i.e., 

(a) whether you had obtained divorce through mutual consent or a contested case and when; 

(b) if the divorce was obtained through mutual consent, whether there was any settlement which was arrived at the time of mutual qua regarding the maintenance of the child; 

(c) whether your ex-husband owns any property, and if so whether the same are self acquired or ancestral; 

(d) what is your financial condition and how are you maintaining the child.

Once your apprise us of these facts, we would be happy to guide you to ascertain and obtain what the child is legally entitled to.