Husband created fake medical issue to hide affair. How to divorce him?

Hello.. I got married on may 13th and we were together for 1.8 months... In this tym he created a fake health issue about me.. He said everyone that I have brain tumor and he started giving me medicines. I blindly believed him.. But after 1 year 8 months I got to know he had affair with his classmate from 5 years and he still continued talking to her without my knowledge.. I got to know tat and I walked out of the house and then he confessed on a call telling tat he created fake health issue and I have that recording with me. I want a divorce from him and I dont want to be with him... I want it mutually so it ends very soon and I can be free from it... Pls advise...

Answers (1)

400 votes
For divorce by mutual consent, both parties have to agree to get divorced. The following are the laws related to it:
? Hindu Marriage Act-Section 13B
? Divorce Act-Section 10A
? Special marriage Ac-Section 28
However, you will need to show to the court that you have been living separately for a year for that.

In case your husband is not ready for divorce by mutual consent, you could file for cruelty.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles