How to track status of case and summons? It's a maintenance petition.

My husband has not been sent summons from the court in a maintenance case filed by me even after 12 days have passed since the petition was filed. My lawyer said the summons would be sent in 3 to 4 days and is now not responding.

How do I track the status of my case and the summons as the petition was not filed in my presence.

Also, can I change my lawyer at this stage? If yes, how?

Answer

You need to go the concerned Court and meet the Ahlmad. He will be able to give you the status of the case as well as the summons.

Yes you can change your lawyer at any stage. You can ask your current advocate to return all the documents related to the case to you and then you can engage another advocate. 

You just need to figure out the advocate who deals in such matters and authorize him to represent you by way of a vakalatnama which shall be filed by your new advocate in the Court where your matter is pending.