How to remarry when wife is not willing to divorce me?

My wife left my house along with our 2 kids after 13 years of marriage. Neither she is giving me a divorce nor is she ready to come back. I suffered a lot in the last 13 years and she is harassing me again. I also don't want to continue this relationalship with her anymore.

My question is can I marry again with a Muslim name after filing for a divorce with my wife.

Answer

File a case under Section 13(1) of the Hindu Marriage Act on the ground of desertion and cruelty. However, it is a contested divorce and will take a long time.

We suggest you to go for Mutual Consent divorce, wherein you will have to settle the terms before the divorce and file a joint Mutual Consent Divorce Petition under Section 13 B of the Hindu Marriage Act. 

This proceeding will take 6 to 8 months for the divorce to happen.