how to move out my wife of my mothers house

I got into an arrange marriage about 6 months ago. But from the day one, my wife had irreconcilable differences with me and my parents. She works as a teacher. Things were getting worst by everyday, and i along with my wife decided to live in a separate rented house. the day i suggested, my wife has taken more aggressive stance. She insists that it is her matrimonial house and will have things her way. She has been intimidating and provoking, and taunts my parents on dowry and domestic violence laws. her parents have stop responding to our requests for mediation. Finally i decided to leave the house and has been living separately in a different house, but my wife is still living with my parents and has denied to leave the house and live with me.My parents had approached the police but they are unclear about the law in this case. the house is owned by my mother.Please suggest how can we enforce her legally to move out my parents house.

Answers (1)

167 votes
It is difficult to take your wife out of the house with out due process of law, Your mother should file a DV case against your wife alleging that she has beated her, She should also repeatedly lodge police complaints against your wife, Finally eviction suit shall have to filed against your wife.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles