quesHow to help a woman with divorce w/o disclosing our identity?

I want to help my neighbor who is physically tortured and harassed by her husband. She approached us for a Divorce. We want to help her but we don’t want our identity to be revealed in the whole process.


How can we go about it?


  • Planning to Divorce? Marriage Counselling can help

    Consult Now
    • ans


      Firstly, we would suggest you to tell your neighbor to register a complaint for cruelty under Section 498A of the Indian Penal Code or for domestic Violence under the Protection of Women from Domestic Violence Act or both.


      We would like to specify that the complaint under Indian Penal Code is a Criminal Complaint while the Complaint under Protection of Women from Domestic Violence Act is more of civil nature.


      Thereafter she can file a complaint before the Court praying for Protective Orders, Monetary Relief, compensation orders and even custody orders in case she has a child. Furthermore, she can even claim maintenance under Section 125 of the Code of Criminal Procedure.


      With respect to the divorce:


      She should file a petition for dissolution of marriage on the grounds of cruelty under Section 13(1)(ia) of the Hindu Marriage Act. The Courts have recognized both physical and mental cruelty within the ambit of this provision. She can adduce evidence of torture and harassment and the divorce shall be granted.


      In this entire process you only have to help her in registering the complaints and filing the petition and your identity shall not be revealed.


    • File Mutual Consent Divorce @ Rs. 25,000/- only

      Know More
    • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
    • Related Articles

    Consult best Divorce lawyers in India

    Similar questions

    Can my girl friend live with me and marry me without taking divorce from her…

    My brother is in the army. His wife has filed a divorce under section 24…

    I am married since 6 years, we have a child of 2 years age. Things…

    I was married to a foreigner wife in south africa under south africa law ..but…

    Divorce Lawyers in India

    Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

      Supreme Court of India
     Experience: 16 years

    Advocate Prashant Mendiratta

      Lajpat Nagar 4
     Experience: 24 years

    Advocate Nagesh B L

     Experience: 23 years

    Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar

      Connaught Place
     Experience: 20 years

    View all >>

    Quick Consult

    Get 15 Minutes of Expert Legal Advice on Phone right now

    Ask a Free Question

    Post a Question online and get free advice from multiple lawyers by email

    Find a Lawyer

    Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

    Get Fee Estimate

    Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly